We’re here to help!
As the current pandemic continues, we’re here to support you. Here are some enhancements we’re making to our services during this time.
Telemedicine is available
We realize many clients may be feeling more anxious in these times. We’re here for you. We are now taking remote appointments through our HIPAA compliant system. If you have an appointment scheduled, click here to access our online waiting room:
Michael will be going live
We’re planning a series of Facebook live events where you can ask Michael your wellness questions during the pandemic. Are you feeling anxious? Unsure about how to boost your immune system? Stay tuned to our Facebook page for more details to come!
Our Partner, Dr. Mark Kosins, published guidance in an e-mail on how to keep your immune system strong. We’d like to share his guidance here:
– Eat a healthy diet FREE OF REFINED SUGAR! It should also be free of all refined food sources including salt, flour, and oils. Remember, refined sugar paralyzes the ability of white blood cells to perform their duties for hours.
– Make sure you always STAY WELL HYDRATED with clean water. Take your weight in pounds, divide the number by 2 and the resultant number is the minimum amount of water in ounces to drink per day.
– NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS can help to improve the immune system’s ability to fight off infection and to help it kill an active infection. I have over 25 years of practicing holistic medicine to back that statement up. I have seen it work. My partners have seen it work. My patients have seen it work. We have used this approach successfully for many viral infections. I have no doubt it will work for COVID-19 as well.
In my blog post “Coronavirus Part Vl: Why COVID-19 Is More Deadly to the Chinese” (3) I told you why COVID-19 was more deadly to younger Chinese males. Most Chinese men smoke cigarettes. Smoking increases ACE2 receptors in the lungs where COVID-19 has been shown to bind to.
Similarly, ibuprofen has been shown to increase ACE 2 expression. (4) Ibuprofen should be avoided as it may enhance the infectious capabilities of COVID-19. Ibuprofen also causes problems for the kidneys and the GI tract. It is best to let the body utilize its innate abilities to fight infection. One of the body’s main ways to do this is by mounting a fever. The increased body temperature is a way to mobilize the immune system into action as well as to enhance the killing effect of a foreign invader.
Fevers can often be managed by tepid baths, lots of hydration and rest. It is important to maintain electrolyte balance with any infection but particularly when there is a fever involved. Supplementing with unrefined salt is crucial here. It can be added to each glass of water. Again, it is best to work with a knowledgeable health care provider before doing any of the suggestions I have written about.
Acetaminophen should also be avoided for fevers. It depletes a crucial antioxidant–glutathione. In fact, acetaminophen should be severely limited for any condition. It has a poor safety profile.
Dr. B’s antiviral protocol for his patients during acute illness or exposure to someone ill:
– Adults: 100,000 IU/day for four days for adults (not pregnant or breast-feeding women)
– Children 25-50 pounds: 20,000 IU/day for four days
– Children 50-100 pounds: 50,000 IU/day for four days
– Adults: —50,000 IU/day for four days
– Children 25-50 pounds: 10,000 IU/day
– Children: 50-100 pounds: 25,000 IU/day
(Note: Both Vitamin A and D are fat-soluble vitamins. They can build up in the body. These doses are NOT meant to be taken for longer than four days at a time. If you need to repeat the doses, seek advice from your physician.)
Vitamin C: 5-10,000 mg/day. If you can take more, do it. If you get loose stools, lower it.
Iodine: 25-100 mg/day and more if ill. Kids can take lower doses.
-Children: A useful number is to use 0.08mg/pound.
Don’t forget intravenous nutrient therapies are essential for helping the immune system in a time of crisis. A holistic doctor skilled in nutrient IV therapy can help guide you. I have found IV hydrogen peroxide, ozone, and vitamin C wonderful treatments for my patients. We would have a lot less death and misery from COVID-19 if these life-saving therapies were taught in medical schools and utilized in hospitals.